This time of year, most kitchens in the world turn into sweet shops. It seems fitting I give you a scratch recipe. However, those who are gluten free seldom get to enjoy decent brownies, and those who are not usually suffer through terrible wheat-free sweets for the ones they love. No longer. Please enjoy this recipe. I promise you it is good, and that you will never know they are gluten free.
- 8×8 baking dish
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream or half and half
- 2 c chocolate chips/bits/chunks of any flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 tap vanilla extract
- 2/3 c gluten free flour (Type is up to you. You can procure a mix for baking, or simply make your own. Rice and almond both work well.)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 c cacao nibs (To taste. And you may also add chopped nuts instead, though I highly recommend nibs, especially if using dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix the sugar, butter, and cream in a pot and heat until it bubbles
- Add the chocolate and let melt, stir with a whisk or fork. It will look as though it is clumping and not melting but it’s fine.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue stirring
- When smooth, remove from heat, add flour, salt, baking soda, and cacao nibs and mix until all are thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour in 8×8 greased pan and bake for 25 minutes