I am going to spin an online random food ingredient generator several times. You may select whichever set of ingredients you find easiest to work with. You must then create a dish containing all of the ingredients. Anyone may enter. You do not have to be a reader of mine to participate, though I do hope you will hang around.
- All entries must be a reblog of this original post
- All entries must include a written recipe so that it can be recreated
- All entries must include a picture of the results
- All entries must indicate which ingredient list they are using by the number given them in this post.
- You may use whatever additional ingredients you wish, but each entry must contain all four items in one of the following lists.
- You may use whatever cooking styles, culinary traditions, appliances or implements you wish.
All entries are due by the last day of June 2018
I will send out a voting post on the last day of June which contains links to all the recipes. Voters will be allowed to choose a numbered recipe from that list (no name will be attached at the time) and register their vote vie a comment on the post.
- $30 Gift card to a food related website
- A kitchen implement of my choosing
- Proper kitchen attire (What do I mean? It’s a surprise)
- A copy of my cookbook, but only if you’d like it. If not, I’ll think of something else to throw at you of a similar value.
These are your four sets of ingredients. You must choose only one list and your submission must contain every item on it (which must be reflected in the recipe you write), in addition to whatever extra things you add to create your dish. If you have a health concern (all lists contain something you cannot eat) then contact me directly, and we will generate another random item to use in place of the one you are casting out.
- Brown rice, bacon, chili peppers, pineapple
- molasses, coconut, creme fraiche, marsala
- Yogurt, bread crumbs, brussels sprouts, lemon
- Spaghetti squash, balsamic vinegar, dates, pork