- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 frozen chicken breasts (or six tenderloins, whatever is available)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with cilanto and lime
- 2 4 oz. cans chopped green chile peppers (mild or spicy)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth (we use the big boxes of broth because it makes more soup)
- 1 tsp each cumin, chili powder and salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or less if you like)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pkg frozen corn
*the recipe also calls for one bunch of chopped cilantro but my mom hates cilantro so that’s why we have the tomatoes with cilantro and lime
*we also use red gold tomato products because they’re quality, yummy, and readily available bc local woo!
- lime wedges
- shredded cheese
- sour cream (it cuts the spice)
- avocado (i don’t like avocado personally)
- tortilla chips
1) place chopped onion in the bottom of slow cooker
2) layer the frozen chicken (or human) breast on top.
3) add diced tomatoes and juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, broth, spices and bay leaf.
4) cook on low 6-8 h.
5) remove bay leaf.
6) remove chicken (or human) to plate, shred with 2 forks return to crock pot.
7) stir in corn (here’s where i turn the crock to high).
8) continue to heat til corn is hot.
9) add a handful of chopped cilantro.
Usually serves 6-8 but use the entire box of broth and you have leftovers for days my main
This recipe is courtesy of my Tumblr acquaintance Katy @katofthekitvariety
Mmmm perfect for the cold days ahead